Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cybercrime strikes the Country Folks!!!

As long as I have been part of the older Country Folk Genre, I have closely observed the way most do business with their fellow men. A hand shake is THEIR WORD.They are bound by their word.  If you don't have enough money in your pocket to pay for what you are buying, just bring the money around next time you are in the neighborhood. When they borrow something, it is in better condition when they return it, than it was when they took it! That is just the way it is!! Most deal in cash, and reluctantly adhere to the modern practice of credit and debit cards. A checking account is complicated enough. The Farmer carries a credit card for farm purchases. Tractor parts, feed, diesel, tools, etc. I must admit, it is convenient for the bookkeeper. Imagine my surprise when I received his last credit card statement, and found airline tickets to London England from Houston, by way of San Francisco. Not only that, but tickets to Univeral Studios in both Florida, and California, as well as a couple of X boxes, whatever they are, and movie tickets from a place called Fandango! Whew, I thought, he certainly covered a lot of ground in 8 hours, which is the amount of free time he would have between morning milking and evening chores. I was flabbergasted that someone had invaded our world with thievery and deception. I was going to demand justice and an explanation of "How could this happen to us?" First of all the credit card company was very complacent about the whole matter, as if it was an every day occurance. Of course we would not have to pay for the excess charges. As I asked the representative to look at our statement, I asked him if he noticed the obvious. Tractor Supply, Lowes, Smith Feed Store, Dennards Farm Store, Home Depot, Red River Farm Co-op,M and S Dairy Supply..... CONTINENTAL AIRLINES? Ding Ding Ding! Hello! Needless to say, I told him that if ever there were any suspicious charges on there, it would be to a fishing resort on the White River in Arkansas, or tickets to the Grand ole Opry in Tennessee! I hope whoever took advantage of us and the credit card company had a miserable time, I have complete faith in Karma, and that what goes around comes around, and hopefully justice will be served, it may be at the pearly gates, but I am sure it will be served. It is such a shame that we have to be on the lookout for the riff raff that makes us have to be on our guard.  From our farmstead to your table, thank you for all of your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment