Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's all about Grandma's Comfort Food!!

      
As I am slowly approaching the "Golden Years" I have decided to explore just exactly what Grandmas do.....so that when I reach that period in my life, in the not so distant future, and as I watch as  my precious grandbabies are growing into little people, I will be well prepared and not have to fumble around trying to hit and miss, and can be right on with every Grandma Thing that I attempt. I believe it is a general concensus that all grandmas make cinnamon rolls! I have spent the last two weeks experimenting with evey type of flour, sweetener, berry, nut, leavening, oil, and spice, that can be put into a cinnamon roll. The freezer is full... if I died tomorrow, my  legacy to my grandchildren would be 25 dozen cinnamon rolls. I know that they would honor my name, and respectfully declare to all of their friends that " My grandma made cinnamon rolls......lots and lots of cinnamon rolls." Hopefully, I will outlive the freezer expiration date on the cinnamon rolls, and as I attempt to tackle more stereotypes of Grandmas, think of my grandchildren and wonder if they would be proud of a Grandma that could Hula Dance???? Come get some cinnamon rolls!!! We will be selling them in the Market!!! From our farmstead to your table, thank you for all of your support!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to be a grandma.:o) I had such wonderful examples and I hope I'm going to be able to live up to them. I think you're getting a great start with your Cinnamon Rolls. YUM!

    ReplyDelete