Monday, November 14, 2011

END OF SEASON BONUS!!!

The first crop froze, the second crop slowly burned, and the third crop, put in only because there were some left over seeds, and hoping for a little folage to till into the ground , has exceded all expections. My Mothers Day present (pea sheller deluxe) has been going non stop for a week now.  I pick a bushel and say to myself " This should be plenty ." Then I ponder the peas that are still on the plants, I just can't let them sit in the field and dry up. That was 14 bushels ago.  I am headed to the pea patch for one more bushel, going to be good and ready for New Years Eve, just in case we have a great big party. There will be lots of good luck peas in a pot on the stove, in case you happen by and forgot to prepare some. From our farmstead to your table, thank you for all of your support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment