Friday, April 22, 2011

NO RAIN? NO PROBLEM!!!!

Did I happen to mention that the Farmer is the handiest man that I know? All I have to do is mention that the dryer knocks, or the faucet drips, or that I would like another raised bed in my kitchen garden, or maybe a nice three compartment sink with a vegetable sprayer, in the market would be nice! And there he is.... Johnny on the Spot. Well I mentioned that since we haven't had much rain, it would sure be nice to irrigate most of the crops. TAH-DAH!! He rigged himself up a gismo that will lay the drip line under the ground! Now there will be some sweet corn, and some okra, and some black eyed peas, rain be darned! I admit that there is still nothing like a soft spring shower to leave everything clean and fresh. We were so grateful for that hint of misty rain and calm winds we got a couple of days ago, as we can now see evidence of new growth, after the beating everything took during the storms. The MARKET HOURS: Thurs. Fri. and Sat. from noon until 4:00 pm. By the way, one of our devoted customers put the farm on facebook. Due to my complete lack of the workings of cyberspace, I haven't figured out how to post the little Facebook logo on our blog to make a link. If you put our name R & C Dairy and Farmstead on facebook we should come up! I will continue my efforts to search the vast beyond for information on how to LINK??? From our farmstead to your table, thank you for all of your support!!

2 comments:

  1. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/

    That link will take you to the facebook page to design your box. Once you like the look of it then press, Get Code and it will give you a line of code that you need to select and copy. Then head back to blogger. Go to the design button up at the top. You'll see the option to add a gadget. Choose the add Html/java gadget button and that will let you paste the code that you copied off before.

    It's kinda weird to explain, but pretty easy once you get it figured out.

    Good Luck!

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendi, I am going to find a few moments, sit down, concentrate on your instructions, and try and get it done!

    ReplyDelete