Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have spent most of the morning patting myself on the back, as I have soared over a modern technology hurdle! I have retired my walkman, ( that was still working perfectly well) and have hooked myself by the ears to a sleek little device called an Ipod. I am probably the last person on the face of the Earth to have one, but along with my '92 Toyota beater, and my 300 plus VHS tapes that I still watch, I have a hard time jumping ahead with the times. Rocky got me this little gem for Christmas last year, it has been sitting in the box, alongside a spiffy little camera since that day, just waiting for me to overcome my slight paranoia and venture forth into new and unchartered territory. I would pass by it every day thinking " one of these days I am going to figure out how to use that!" I love to listen to music while I am doing my chores, weeding the garden, cleaning the barns, gathering the eggs, picking vegetables, etc. Many an early morning or late evening has found me waltzing through the blackberries or bopping through the okra, to tapes of old showtunes or Bon Jovi. My only regret is that my old cassette tapes will be retired. I do have some CD's as we have a player, so I will be able to listen to them anywhere I want to! I am still trying to figure out how in the world I am going to watch videos on the tiny little screen, while milking LuLu, or hoeing the beets! The next big step will be the camera. Soon you may be able to have visual images of what I am telling you through my words, but that will probably have to wait a day or two, as the excitement of the Ipod has given me heart palpatations and I am going to have to let the uphoria subside a little! From our farmstead to your table, thank you for all of your support!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and am all new to this stuff. Read some of your older blogs and am quite interested in the "classes" you mentioned for this October. However, can't find how to communicate (other than this) sign-up, or whatever it is I need to do. Can't even tell what your market hours are, very interested in visiting, and am quite impressed with what I've read here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try and post the hours at least once a week, the last day was on Sat Aug 14. Our market hours are Thurs. Fri. and Sat. noon until 4:00 pm. The canning classes will be later in the fall/winter, when the harvest is nearly over so we will have fall beans, tomatoes,cucumbers,peppers,etc. to can. As the autumn progresses, I will select some dates then post them and take reservations, first come first serve. In the next several weeks, I will tell what we will be canning in the classes, and what the fee will be for each class.I have spent the summer freezing lots of fruits that we have harvested so we will be doing jams and jellies as well. Other classes will be offered for sprouting and dehydrating, making foods from whole grains, breads, granola, etc. Feel free to email me at info@randcdairy.com if you have any more questions, thank you , Carol

    ReplyDelete