Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a glorious Sunday Morning!!! You know it is going to be a good day here when you poke your head out the back door and only hear the rooster crowing and the birds chirping. Absolute silence coming from the barn where all 42 goat babies are still sound asleep so you have time to prepare bottles before the melee starts. I feel like the old woman that lived in a shoe, as all of them now think of me as..... MaMa. It has been a good week as the little ones arrive one by one , two by two, three by three and yes four by four. Whew, that was a long night. Most of the girls did just fine, we had a couple trying situations, but Rocky being the expert paramedic that he is , is able to handle most emergency situations with ease.We have a few more does that are still due, but the first big baby boom is over. We have a new buck that we raised from a baby last year that is the papa to our babies, and we have had about 3 girls to 1 boy. In the dairy business that is very good. He is certainly a keeper. We have had some dry, warmer weather so the crops are getting some attention. We are still waiting until after the "Easter Snap" before we plant beans, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, corn, squash, cukes, etc. but we are getting anxious to get everything planted. I am still in awe at the miracle of growing things and Rocky and I are truely blessed. I have to admit that I not much of an expert at gardening, but it does not stop me from wanting to plant everywhere. What I lack in horticulture knowledge, I make up in enthusiasm . This week we will try to post some pictures of the new babies. From our farm to your table, thank you for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment